Monday, July 19, 2010

A Dog's Life: Roseanne & Lilly

It's funny, I never used to be a "dog person". Growing up we always had dogs, but I never really considered them mine. They were always my sister and brother's. The dogs would follow them around all slobbery and never listen to me at all. I was always with my mom and her fondness for cats. But then one day, it happened. When we got Coby, all of a sudden I totally got it. I still love my kitty Bo, but now understand what Melissa & Shane had seen in our dog Patches. I mentioned before how I could never imagine the effect having a my own dog would have on my life. They nuzzle their way right into your heart and become a big part of your life. They rely on us the way children do. They need us for sustenance, comfort and companionship.

I love it when clients include their pets in their sessions, because they are so much of who we are. They are a big part of our family, so why shouldn't they be included? Scott and I included Coby in our own wedding photos and he was included in my updated portraits last summer. And he's one of my favorite subjects! So when Achsa contacted me requesting a session for her girls, I was excited to say the least! We met up at Dodge Park in Sterling Heights one evening for their session.




Miss Roseanne

And Miss Lilly








Lilly & Rosie are so stinkin' cute and had a riot running and playing. Oh, and the mosquitos, they were horrendous! I'm not sure what is going on this year, or maybe I just never noticed, but it seems like there are more little blood suckers than normal. We made it through their session pretty good, but when Mark came on his lunch break Lilly & Rosie really wanted nothing to do with a few family shots. There was just much to much going on. So we rescheduled another quick session so we could get a few with the family all together. I'm so glad we did too!









0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP