Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Random Day

A typical day for me starts at 6:30, as soon as the clock hits 6:30 my internal alarm clock goes off and I'm wide awake and there's no falling back to sleep. I don't use an alarm, I'm just up. Some may think it's a little sick I know, but I'm a morning person through and through. I'm up, coffees on and then I get started with my day and if Scott's not home, the radio is usually on. And if it happens to be playing Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic", it's loud. And I'm dancing around the house in my jammies. Something about that song always makes me want to dance!

But usually it involves jumping right into work, because I'm way more productive in the mornings and can get a lot done before most of the people I know are even awake. Last Sunday was no different. I was awake at my usual time and had the house cleaned by 8:00. Don't hate. Even though I really didn't want to spend the day working, I found myself in front of the computer. I told myself I was just going to catch up on some e-mails and then I was going to relax. Um sure.

A little after 9:00, I got a text from my girlfriend Jen saying to meet her at the Farmer's Market in Warren. I hymed and hawed about it for a while and then decided that I was going to stay home. It had been a very busy week last week and I really wanted to spend some time at home getting some stuff done and relaxing. I had walked out to the garden and saw overpowering amounts of weeds and was going to try to help Scott out. Right after I just tweak this last image.

And at that moment I knew that if I didn't leave my house, I was never going to leave the computer. Finding a balance between work and personal life is sometimes challenging for me. The problem is, I honestly enjoy every aspect of my job. Some people relax watching TV or playing video games or reading. I relax in pictures. Not only my own, but there's a lot of other photographers I follow and I often get lost reading their blogs and taking in their work.

But I knew that today I didn't want to be at the computer all day. And I decided to live in the moment, I grabbed my purse and called Jen on my way out the door. If I wouldn't have left right then, I would have ended up holed up in my office on the computer all day again. And I'm so glad that I did! We had the most amazing day together, and it was way more relaxing than I could have imagined. We started off with some delicious organic coffee, grabbed fresh scones and sat on a bench near the fountains, watching the kids play in the water, listening to the band play some "Over Easy" style music and just taking the beautiful morning in. Afterwords we strolled back through the market to purchase our goods. There's nothing better than fresh local foods you can get at the Farmer's Market. Afterwards we did some garage saling and then had our favorite Middle Eastern cuisine for lunch. The afternoon couldn't have ended more perfectly as we enjoyed a thunderstorm that had rolled in from her front porch. We both actually felt a little guilty about how perfect the day was.

As we were leaving her house for the market, I realized that I didn't have my camera with me. So I borrowed her Canon G10 so that I could capture our day. Here's a few of my favorites from the day!











Thank you my dear friend, it was the most perfectly relaxing day that I've had in a long time. And thank you for lending me your camera so that I could capture the memories!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP