Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Meet Alex & Lucy!

My life has been a complete whirlwind these last couple of weeks, and although I've fallen a little behind I've been loving it! I love to be busy and I've always said that I work better under pressure. Of course, that was in what I often refer to as my "previous life". My life before photography. A work schedule filled with assignments, analysis and deadlines. Deadlines were a way of prioritizing my workload and I never missed a deadline. Even now I still set personal deadlines for myself, and rarely miss them. I have to say rarely because lately I've been shooting so much, that keeping up with the 2 week turnaround has been a challenge. This would never have flown before. Thankfully my new boss is way understanding! :-)

This session was one of two that I had the opportunity to shoot on Father's Day. And this one I was super nervous for. Nicole is a very dear friend of mine and John was my boss when I first began my career in Logistics. I can only imagine what he thinks about me completely changing gears and now running my own photography business. He was seriously one of the best bosses that I worked for. Although our jobs were filled with big important deadlines that could not be missed, he still knew how to take care of his employees and add some fun into the mix.

So when Nicole had asked me to photograph their new daughter Alex, I was a complete wreck. Although I would never have told her that. I'm always a little nervous when my friends and family ask me to photograph them. I'm so appreciative of their support, but sometimes I can't help the nerves and the self inflicted pressure. But I made it through the session and got some of my favorite images ever!


The most adorable Alex!



And this is Lucy, Alex's "older" cousin. They're only a week apart, how cool is that?



Lucy really can't take her eyes of mamma.

And Alex had no problem sleeping throughout most of the session.



It was fun to watch Rupert with Alex. He's so good with her!

A new dad celebrating his first Father's Day with this adorable little girl. Believe me, she is loved!

I love Lucy's big eyes!







To see the rest of our images from the session, click here for a slideshow!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP