Friday, July 16, 2010

OP Love: Homecoming

Katie first contacted me back in April because her fiance was coming home in a couple of weeks and she was hoping for homecoming session at the airport. And to be quite honest, so was I. Ever since I first signed up with OP Love, I've been looking forward to meeting a family at the airport to document that special moment when they get to see their loved one for the first time in a long time.


Scheduling these sessions can be difficult. If you are familiar with the military lifestyle, you know that plans can change at any given moment. And all too often they do. So you can imaging their disappointment when his May 1st arrival was delayed. In the past year they've only been able to spend 2 weeks together when she visited him in Japan and to say they were looking forward to this trip is an understatement.

Finally plans were set for June 12, he was going to arrive at 10:30 that evening. Scott was going with me and was even going to video it for me. Then my heart sank when Katie called just as we were pulling out of the driveway to say that his flight had been delayed and wouldn't be coming in for a few more hours. Knowing that I had a full day of shooting starting pretty early the next morning I had to say no. Believe me, if circumstances were different and I didn't have to be on my 'A game' the next day I would have forgone the sleep and still gone. But I promised to make it up to them and while he was on leave we were able to meet up at Memorial Park for a quick session for them.







Katie you are beautiful!









My favorite image from our session!

By now he's already back in Japan and they're missing each other like crazy. I'm so glad that we were able to schedule a session so that they have these images to look through and I hope they help pass the time until you get to hold each other in your arms again.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP