Saturday, March 14, 2009

The boys in my life...

Yesterday was one of those days that you look back and can't believe that so much time has gone by.  The one thing that stood out the most is the males in my life.  Although it was Friday the 13th (ooohhh), it was a special day in our house.  It was on this day 8 years ago that our Coby was born!  I never would have imagined the effect that a dog would have on my life.  To be honest I wasn't all that excited when we received him as a house warming gift, but all that has changed by now.  I have to say that although he can sometimes be a mouthy pain in the you know what, I sometimes secretly love how he follows me around the house.  And the way he needs to be near me if not touching me at all times.  He is my baby...





Happy Birthday Coby!

Another reason yesterday was so special to me was that it marked 10 years exactly that Scott and I have been together!  It was on Friday, March 13th 1999 we officially started dating.  Every couple has their story about how they met, started dating and finally got married.  I know that I am biased, but I soo love our story.  It actually started early one morning in 1995 when I came home from work, but that part is for another time...

10 years ago to the date was some very dear friends wedding.  A wedding which looking back at started a completely new chapter in our lives.  Scott's best friend marrying my best friend.  I was the maid of honor, he was the best man.  We even caught the bouquet and garter (staged I suspected).  Could it have been any more perfect?  I had recently ended relationship and Scott was there for me every step of the way.  We were more in love than we ever could have imagined at the time.  He had become my best friend without my even realizing it.  I remember the evening surprisingly well.  Walking down the aisle, the dancing, even the after party!  But what I remember most was some friends and family teasing us about dating and being a couple already and that we should just come clean and admit it.  Then he dipped me and as I spilled my drink down his back we kissed and said ok!  The cocktails may have had something to do with our sudden ballsiness, but we never gave it a second thought and 10 years later he's still my best friend...




We have so much fun together!

And last but definitely not least is my kitty Bo.  Bo is by far the coolest cat I've ever owned.  I was always as "cat person" growing up and this little addition along with my roommates cat and Bo's brother our apartment had turned into it's own little family.  He just turned 12 years old last month and besides the grey hairs coming in, you'd never know it.  He's the most lovable and friendly cat ever!  He absolutely loves people, and even if you're not a "cat person" chances are you'll leave my house with a new friend in Bo.  He seems to have this sense and knows when people don't like him.  He doesn't take it personally but is determined to make you like him before long.  Chances are you won't be able to give in!  and it's hilarious to watch him put Coby in his place!



Here's my old man.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2009  

ten years...time flies when you are having fun! congratulations :-)

Gina Staton Logan March 19, 2009  

Hey Shannon! I stumbled across your photography website & blog this morning. You do amazing work & I enjoyed reading a couple of your blog entries. Wish we lived closer as I could recommend you to the many brides that call the salon re: hair appts for their wedding. Looks like you really enjoy what you do which is the most important & hardest thing to find in a career. Congrats on your business & 10 years with Scott! Love, Gina

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP