Friday, June 11, 2010

Getting to know you - A client questionnaire

I like lists. I always keep a todo list close by and everything goes on it. Everything. Even things reminding me of the errands I need to run like "Go to bank". I have to right things down, or I tend to forget them. After each session I make a list of the things we talked about so that when it's time to blog I can remember the details of our session. I hate it when I forget to make this list and then when it's time to blog, I'm completely "speechless".

When I first started my business I created a '101 in 1001' list. Basically it's a list of 101 things that I want to accomplish in 1001 days. It's a list of business goals, personal goals, and dreams. I haven't published it yet, because quite honestly it's not finished. I often forget about it and then when I run across it I'm pleasantly surprised to see how much I've actually accomplished. It's the power of writing things down. One of the things on my 101 in 10001 list was to create a client questionnaire to help me get to know my clients better. It's been in the back of my mind for quite some time and I was excited when I ran across Davina's Kit on Jamie Delaine's blog.

That's what I love about this industry, so many photographers are willing to share their own information so that other's don't have to recreate the wheel so to speak. And thanks to Jamie & Davina, I can now check another goal off of my list!

I'm really excited to start sending out this questionnaire to my clients. Not only is it going to help us get to know each other better, but it will also help us pick locations and help me to make each clients session tailored to who they are as a couple, or family.

And because every post is better with a picture, here's a picture from a recent engagement session that will be coming soon!




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP