Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wouldn't you like to be my neighbor?

I'll never forget when we first moved into our neighborhood. We were young and excited to own our first house. Coming from the apartment life and then a tiny little rental house, this was all ours complete with a huge back yard! Oh the gatherings we had... We were even more excited when we first met our neighbors, they were our age and we just knew it was going bring a ton of fun and memories!


It's such an honor when a friend or family asks me to take their family portraits. Granted I'm honored whenever anyone asks me, but when it's someone close to me it means so much. So when Doug mentioned that he wanted to give his mom some professional portraits of him and the boys for Christmas, I was stoked. I've watched these guys grow from infants. I remember babysitting Drake when he was just 1 month old and now he's almost 6! Are you kidding me? Where does the time go?

We decided to head up to Memorial Park in St. Clair Shores for our session. The colors were in full force and the boys were raring to go!

Boys this age can be challenging. They just want to play and do not want anything to do with my camera.

I was laughing as I was editing this series, notice how Drake's taking his shoes off? I tell ya, keeping boys focused is definitely difficult!

Of course we had to play in the leaves! And as with all little boys it quickly led to wrestling! Oh yeah, boys will definitely be boys....


Drake and Dane are very close in age, and I think it's the cutest thing that they're both loosing their teeth together. There's nothing cuter than those little toothless grins!
And of course we had to spend some time climbing trees....

I just love this image of Doug and his boys!





These next two images are definitely my favorites of the day. I just love the smiles!



Lucky for us, they hadn't yet put away the hay wagons from the day before. The boys had so much fun playing in the hay!

And one more favorite from the day!

1 comments:

Unknown December 14, 2009  

The guys look really great!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP