Friday, September 25, 2009

Beth & Brian are Married!

Beth & Brian were married last Saturday at the Gross Pointe War Memorial. It was an amazingly beautiful day. Blue skies and perfect temps and things couldn't have been more perfect!

I met Beth at the Maniaci's Bridal Show last spring. Beth had won one of the door prizes, which just happened to be a free engagement album that I had donated. I remember hoping that she took advantage of her win, not only because this meant she might book with me, but also because I've found that many people don't cash in from these events. I personally love freebies and am totally stoked if I win anything!

I love that they chose a "First Look" for their day. When Brian dropped Beth off at the salon that morning they were both beaming. And completely relaxed. When I asked Beth how she was doing and if she was nervous at all, she said simply, no. Then she proceeded to tell me how happy that she with their decision to spend the time together before their wedding. They spent the eve of their wedding sipping a bottle of wine and sharing their excitement for the next day.

This is my favorite reason for "First Looks". Couples are so much more calm and relaxed when they get to enjoy the day together with their best friend. They can forgo the nerves and just watch all of their hard planning come together. Many people don't realize that the tradition of not seeing your bride or groom before the ceremony stems from the days of arranged marriages. Weddings were often arranged for financial and political gain and this kept people from trying to back at out the last minute. This has led to the superstition of it being bad luck for the groom to see his bride before the wedding. But I digress...

We started the day at Pintura Salon in Clinton Township where the talented Kelly and Melody did all of the girls' make-up and hair.



Beth's dress was stunning with a beautiful vintage feel to it.







Love this image of the flower girls delivering a few words of love to Brian before the ceremony.



Love the look on Brian's as he sees Beth for the first time since leaving the salon...







During a first look, I just take a step back and try to give the couple as much privacy as I can. I love, love, love capturing these intimate moments.







One of my top favorites from the day!
































As I'm typing this, I know that Beth & Brian and having an amazing time in Hawaii! Congratulations you guys and thank you for choosing me to capture your day for you!
Click here to watch the slideshow and view more images from the day!



2 comments:

Anonymous September 28, 2009  

Your pictures are amazing Shannon!

Carolyn September 28, 2009  

you've told a beautiful story in pictures.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP