Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jen & Jake are married!!


Jen and Jake were married Labor Day weekend here at Castle Farms in Charlevoix. The weather was the absolute best we've had in a long time. I want to say it was the best weekend yet this summer. It couldn't have been any more perfect. Really.

Jen and I went to high school together and were recently reconnected through, you guessed it Facebook! It had been nearly 15 years since we've been in touch and I was so excited to see how good she was doing with Jake and little Charlie. When she contacted me to ask I was available to photograph her wedding, I was ecstatic!

The weekend started with an awesome evening Friday night checking out the town with Lesley. Then continued to be extraordinary with the rehearsal and dinner on Saturday. Then Sunday began the festivities of a fairy tale wedding.

The girls got ready in the Knight's Court Bridal Suite, and I just love this image of Jen getting Charlie ready.



Jen's amazing bouquet

I was so excited when I saw Jen's red shoes! Just as we were pulling up to the Castle, I had just told Lesley that I love it when Brides wear red shoes, so imagine my reaction when Jen showed me these!

So cute... Charlie wanted to drink out of a big girl cup too!

Jen's dress was absolutely stunning!

Jen was one stunning bride! She was absolutely radiant for her & Jake's "first look". I absolutely L-O-V-E it when couples choose to have a "first look" moment and see each other before the ceremony.

See what I mean, she radiates beauty! And Jake's as handsome as ever as he sees his beautiful Jen and soon to be wife, in her gorgeous gown.



The entire wedding party in the Butterfly gardens...

Love this image of Charlie looking up at her mom...

Because they chose to have a "first look" we were able to take care their formal portraits before the ceremony allowing for more time to spend with family and friends.





I love this image that Lesley got of the ceremonyfrom above in the loft of the Knight's Castle.

Love this!!!





Introducing Mr & Mrs Jake and Jen Harms!

Lesley snagged this image and I absolutely love everything about it!

I loved, loved, loved all of the details that were prepared for the reception. I mentioned before how crafty Jen was making the shirts for the rehearsal, well she absolutely outdid herself with all of the reception details. All of the centerpieces held eggs with words of love, handmade by Jen. And she wrapped the ring box and each of the votive holders with birch from a fallen tree. Amazing!


Jen & Jake snuck away with me for some portraits and quite time before the reception began.

Swoon...



Lesley's image of their first dance as husband and wife...

Jen & Jake, thank you again for an amazingly fabulous weekend! I wish you all the best and love for you and Charlie! If you are really craving more from their day, you can check out the slideshow here!



3 comments:

Aly September 16, 2009  

Absolutely gorgeous, Shannon! What a beautiful setting to accentuate the happy couple's big day!! Thank you for sharing! :)

Lesley September 16, 2009  

What a day! Couldn't have been more perfect!

BTW - Love the slideshow :)

Carolyn September 17, 2009  

amazing amazing photos, and oh what a dress...!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP