Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Starstruck!



Another one of my favorite things about photography is being able to get out and meet other photographers. Shooting together, learning from each other and becoming friends...

Tonight I headed out to Lansing with my new photographer friend, Aly Darin, to hear one of my all time favorite photographers speak. Aly and I met through BNI and we hit it off right away! We had no problems passing the time with a ton of conversation! I know we are going to have an amazing experience in Nashville in January! Soo looking forward to that!

Jasmine Star is an amazing photographer. What I love about her (besides her amazing photographs), is how she "keeps it real". I've followed (a.k.a stalked) her blog for quite a while now, and yes she is just as awesome in person as in her blog. You always have to wonder if people are really as cool as they seem in their blog. Well people she is! She came over to our table to introduce herself just before dinner and I even got a picture with her! Holla!

Jasmine's presentation was an incredible learning experience! I love how she's always willing to share her knowledge both on her blog and in person. Thank you Jasmine, for an inspiring evening!

2 comments:

Edward Maurer September 16, 2009  

Hey Shannon. I've been stalking your blog for a while now and didn't realize that you were at the presentation last night. I was there and agree that it was an incredible learning experience. Next time I'll introduce myself.

Carolyn September 16, 2009  

ooo, i'm so jealous.
i'd love to attend workshops, but it's not possible if they're out-of-town for more than one night! :c (

I am happy that I joined ECC, but most of the guys don't understand the contemporary portraiture that I'm drawn to... it would be so fun to meet with like-minded photographers.

what's in Nashville in Jan? are you going to one of those big 3 day workshops?

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP