Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Meet the Popiel Siblings!



We had quite a little heat wave here in Michigan right before Easter. It was gorgeous with record breaking temperatures, so when Marianne called me asking me if I could "squeeze" in her boss' children for a session Good Friday, you know I was down!

We met up that morning at Ford Field in Dearborn. I can't believe that I worked so closely to it for so many years and never even knew it existed! And now I've had the opportunity to shoot there quite a few times in the last couple of months. It's a beautiful park with lots of willow trees, a beautiful little pond and an awesome covered bridge! What I love the most about revisiting shooting locations is finding different and unique spots for portraits. This park has so much to offer and I know when I'm there for my next session there in October with an OP Love client. Of course, if I have to visit it before then, you know I'm gonna love it!

I have to say that I was a little nervous when I first learned of their ages. I'm used to photographing the little ones. You know the kids that are at the age when everything is funny. All you have to do is ask them a silly question, like "Does Mommy wear diapers?" and they laugh like it's the funniest thing they've ever heard. Teenagers on the other hand, I don't think I'm nearly cool enough for. But this group was so laid back and easy to work with, thank you Maggie, Nick, Sydney and Tommy for making my job so easy!

And here they are from left to right, Maggie, Tommy, Sydney and Nick!

Tommy's in the 8th grade and I can totally picture him being the star of the football or track team in high school.

This is Sydney, she's absolutely beautiful and I'm sure rocking out her sophomore year!

Maggie's in her second year at Western, and it was her idea to get everyone together for a portrait session while she was home from college for the weekend. What an awesome big sister with such a big heart!

Nick's finishing up his senior year of High School and then in the fall he's off to MSU!

I love it when people include their pets in their family session. They're such a big part of our lives and they deserve to be photographed too!





Annette asked if I wouldn't mind capturing a few images of Nick for his senior pictures too. Here's a few of my favorites!








Thank you Annette, Maggie, Nick, Sydney and Tommy for letting me photograph your family! It was so nice to meet all of you!

1 comments:

Anonymous April 14, 2010  

They all look really nice Shannon, what park did you go to? It looks pretty! <3 Nicole Torres

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP