Friday, May 7, 2010

Kadie & Chris are Married!

Last Saturday kicked off wedding season for me and I can't think of a better couple than Kadie & Chris. I woke up that morning to thunder that was literally shaking my house. We had one heck of a storm coming through and I was starting to freak out for Chris & Kadie. We had planned to shoot their portraits outside and I was frantically trying to think of indoor places we could go, you know a Grocery Store, Movie Theater, I was reaching for anything...

But when I arrived at Kadie's house, Chris was already there and when I told him I was bummed out about the rain and tried to ease the situation by falling back on the line, "It's good luck if it rains on your wedding day". Chris just looked at me and said simply, no this is great, Kadie & I love the rain. Well I knew just then, that it was going to be a glorious day!

Kadie's dress was absolutely stunning! Vintage looking and so very Kadie.

And her shoes... I loved her shoes and secretly was thinking of a way I could steal them from her feet! I have total shoe envy of these McCue girls I tell ya!

Kadie's laugh is contagious!



They had decided on a "First Look" to get their portraits done early and be able to spend some more time after the ceremony with their guests. Since it was raining (if you look closely, you can see the rain coming down) we decided that the front porch would work best and I love this image of Kadie in the window while Chris eagerly awaits.





Chris was so calm and relaxed and looking pretty dazzling!

And then the rain stopped. Just like that. So we headed to Richmond for some portraits.





When Chris told me how much him and Kadie liked the rain and that they used to "Puddle Jump" together, I knew I wanted this shot!

And this one...



On our way back to the house we stopped by Kadie's Aunt's house. They raise Angus Cows on this farm, and I'm not gonna lie, I tried like crazy to get them to pose for some portraits, but they just weren't having it!



I loved how Kadie and Chris were up for anything. They didn't even flinch when I suggested shooting in this field. And I'm so glad! This is my favorite image from the day!







Kadie had these great vintage umbrellas for the girls!



Kadie, did I tell you how gorgeous you are?





Some are afraid that a "First Look" will take away from the moment the groom sees his bride walk down the aisle, but as you can see there is just as much emotion. Even though they had spent the entire morning together, Chris' face lit up when he saw Kadie coming down the aisle!

I absolutely L-O-V-E this image I caught of Kadie looking at her mom...



Chris is a Pastor at the church they were married at and it was packed! I'm talking standing room only people! Notice the image on the screen at the alter? Yup, that's one of their engagement pictures. They played a portion of their Lifestyle video during the ceremony. And I even got a shout out in their program! I was so honored that they wanted to include it and then completely surprised to see my name in print. Thanks guys! You totally made my day!



The way they look at each other just really gets me...





As I was setting up for the cutting of the cake, I noticed the way Kadie and Chris were embraced as they talked with their guests. I couldn't have set up this shot better myself!






Kadie and Chris, you are amazing! You're wedding was amazing! And I hope you're having an amazing time on your honeymoon! Thank you so much for inviting me in to be a part of this special day in your lives. I am honored to have been able to capture it for you!

And if you just haven't had enough of their "amazingness", click here for a slideshow!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP