Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kadie & Chris are Engaged!

I first met Kadie & Chris last year at Clare & Jamie's wedding. They both stood up for Clare & Jaime and even caught the garter and bouquet at the reception! Kadie is Clare's sister and when I received an e-mail from Kadie with the subject line of "Another McCue wedding", I was pumped! I had so much fun at Clare & Jamie's wedding and I know Kadie & Chris' will be just as spectacular. They are such an awesome couple with a very deep and spiritual love for each other.


We decided on a winter engagement session in Port Huron, okay I may have pushed for it. I was dying to shoot some winter lovin' and heavily suggested it to many of my couples. Yay! I got 2 of them to agree! And I love that they were in two so very different locations!

When I left my house to head out to Port Huron for Kadie & Chris' engagement session I remember the temperature being in the high 40s. Not too bad for a snowy engagement session. Of course I didn't take into account that Port Huron is a bit further north and I had forgotten how much colder it is up there! Seriously 10 degrees colder and those little 10 degrees made a big difference. But we braved the cold and the wind and got some great images!

Kadie & Chris' wedding officially kicks off my wedding season on May 1st. They are getting married at the church Chris is a pastor at and I cannot wait to document their day for them!

Kadie & Chris are such a beautiful couple!

We started off at the Thomas Edison Inn. They have a museum right on the property, complete with a train and tracks!

Kadie, Chris is right, you are gorgeous!



One of my top favorite images from the day.

And I love this one of them on the train.



After the Thomas Edison Inn we decided to take a little break and grab some coffee to hopefully warm up a bit. Thankfully there was a Tim Horton's right on the way to our next stop. Kadie & I each got a mocha that came with so much thick whip cream, it took forever for it to melt down. And you know that I couldn't wait and tried to get a taste anyways. And it was right before this image that they had informed me of the whip cream that I had gotten on my face! Mental note: next time remember to order no whip.







I love this shot! I'm standing on the wall you see a few pictures back. Thankfully there was enough snow that I was able to climb it, otherwise there would have been no way my short little legs would have gotten me there!



Another favorite! Yes, I always have so many of them, but I love the way their heads are sort of making a heart.



Earlier in our shoot, I told them to be fierce. Kadie laughed a little and said that she wasn't sure Chris could look fierce. I don't know Kadie, I'd say this one is fierce! :-)



And so is this one!


Kadie and Chris were so kind as to let me try another attempt at adding a little video to the mix, click play below to see their Lifestlye video!



Kadie & Chris, I had such an amazing time getting to know you guys better. Thank you so much for choosing me as your photographer, I know you are going to have a perfect day!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP