Friday, August 21, 2009

The Packard Plant

I've always been taken by the history that is in Detroit. I love all beauty in the old architecture. The other day I had the opportunity to visit the Packard Plant with a couple other photographers. I had such a good time and am even a member of a local camera club now! Totally stoked for my first meeting next week!


It's been a long time since I've gone out shooting for myself. Believe me when I tell you how much I L-O-V-E my clients, but you can really learn a lot of getting out of your element and shooting something different. Keith and Tony I had a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to the next time!

When we first got there, I really just took it all in. I have to say it was a little freaky being in an abandoned building, but once the jitters settled down I was able to just play! Here's some of my favorite images from the day...


I loved the way the morning sun was coming in through what was left of the windows!


Wouldn't this be a great backdrop for an engagement session? Can't you picture people in this one? Can anyone tell me where I can find a wall like this that's not in an abandoned building?


I think this may be the only door left attached in the entire building!


Love this one!


And the moodiness in this one...








Another fav from the shoot!



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP