Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jola & Brad E-session

I had so much fun photographing these two! Brad was referred to me while at work one day. My BFF April overheard Brad telling his partner that the last thing on the wedding planning list was finding a photographer and walah! They contacted me. Referals rock!

I was immediately drawn to Brad & Jola, we have a lot of common ground. Brad works in the same field as Scott, spending his days trying to save the lives of others. Jola shares my passion for taking pictures and serves in the military, a different branch from my brother. We had plenty to talk about!

They loved spending time downtown, and since we have UNLIMITED time for pictures the day of their wedding (I heart couples that plan for pictures!) we will be trekking all over Downtown Detroit. So I thought Belle Isle would be perfect for their e-session.

The weather thankfully held out. It was pretty sketchy all day if it was going to be a washout or not. When it finally cleared up, we were unsure what the wind was going to be like. But we took our chances and I'm so glad we did! It was super windy, especially being on the water, but we worked it out and I was even able to use it to my advantage!


Jola was excited when I suggested Belle Isle for their e-session. It was the first she saw of Detroit when she came to America as an exchange student.



I wanted to make sure I included the Detroit skyline in their images for them, so here's something a little different.





mmmm, yummy lens flare



Jola's smile is so infectious



Love it!



Work it out girl!!



Some romantic black and whites..



humming...Isn't she lovely...



One word. HOT!



I love the feeling to this one...swoon...



I love this series... See how much fun we're having!













See what I mean? So much fun! It was a little flooded by the tower, so Brad threw Jola on his back for a little ride.









It was Jola's idea to do some shots over here, it's one of her favorite trees.


1 comments:

Lesley June 01, 2009  

beautiful couple, beautiful pictures! Love the lighting and you really used that wind to your advantage!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP