Friday, May 8, 2009

Joey Mace ~ The unveiling of the Surprise Mother's Day Session!!

Phew! I finally am able to sit down and take a break for a few. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me, hence the lack of posting. I just wrapped up doing school pictures for 400 kids, plus families! It was an intense week of shooting, editing and uploading, but such a great learning experience. Kevin totally saved the day with his lighting equipment! Thanks again Kevin! And my girlfriend Lesley was my savior on the first day helping me keep all of the youngsters under control and ready! That day, we had scheduled the day care through the 2nd grade so her help was invaluable! Unfortunately, I am not able to post any pictures from that event due to child protection issues and model release forms. :-(

But on to what this post is really about! Let me introduce to you, Mr. Joey Mace! What an adorable kid! I was so geeked when Gino called me to set up a session for a Mother's Day gift to Julie. Seriously, how thoughtful! We set it up for a Wednesday evening because Julie has a standing night out with her mom. Typical spring evening with "scattered showers". But the only time we got rained out was at our trip to the park. But we did squeeze in play time at the park in downtown New Balitmore and no rain!


We started off at the house while we waited to see what the rain would do.

I love this one!


Joey is quite the ham and loved making silly faces for the camera, which did not exactly make dad too happy, but I was cracking up at how funny he was. I couldn't resist putting this collage together of all of this silly faces!




It was time to head to the back yard and Joey led the way. Of course I had to keep my eyes closed. So I shot from the hip. Here is Joey trying to make sure that I'm not peeking.


Love, Love, Love this!


Again, what's a photo session without some play time?!?


This is the only image we got at the park before it started to rain, and it turned out to be my most favorite of the day!


Of course, how can this not be a fav too? Look at those eyes!


When Gino originally contacted me he envisioned a poster sized print to give to Julie. Well I knew he wouldn't be able to choose just one so I created a couple of collages for him to choose from. This is the one he decided on! Absolutely love it!


Okay, here's another favorite!






After taking a stroll down Washington in downtown New Baltimore, we made our final stop at the park at the end. We had a ton of fun writing love notes to Mom!






Yes, you guessed it! Another fave from the day!

Gino, thank you so much for thinking of me! What a great gift idea! I had such a good time hanging out with Joey, he's one heck of a kid you guys got there! Julie, Happy Mother's Day! I hope you love the images!

And Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! May your day be filled with relaxation and fun!

1 comments:

Lesley May 12, 2009  

love love love these pictures and what a character!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP