Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter Blast

The weather is finally starting to break a bit.  Well for this weekend anyways!  It's nice to be able to get outside and walk around.  Yesterday I headed downtown with some friends to check out Detroit's Winter Blast.  This was the first year I've made it down there and am questioning why I hadn't before!  They have quite the setup with the ice rink, ice slide, and sculptures.  In fact I'm heading back tonight with some other friends!  Yesterday was beautiful and I had just recently gotten my new Canon 5D and had a riot testing it out!




Jeff & Joanne were such good sports with me and my camera.  I tend to get a little caught up and end up wandering around looking for the perfect angle, shot etc and they kept right up with me!


The Berkley Ice Skating team was there for an afternoon show.  I know we had a bit of a weather break, but these girls looked cold.  I was shivering just looking at them!

This is my favorite image from the day!

They have an ice slide that was fun for everyone!  Jeff & Joanne even went down it!

I loved the ice rink!  It was so fun watching everyone get on the ice.  I would have loved to myself, but was afraid of falling on my new camera!  Maybe tonight I'll try...

This was the most determined little boy I had seen!  He couldn't skate at all and spent most of his time picking himself back up.  But he didn't give up and kept trying.  Sure looked like he was having fun in the process!




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP