Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Belle Isle

So excited about the weather we had last weekend!  This winter so far has been right on with Michigan's stereotypical winter weather of dreary, grey skies.  We've been hibernating so to speak for the last month trying to get over this nasty sinus infection and haven't really seen anyone or left the house!  So when this weekend brought the beautiful weather I couldn't bring myself to stay in the house anymore!  Sunday I headed down to Belle Isle with a sweet girl who shares my passion for taking pictures, so armed with our cameras we spent the afternoon wandering around the island capturing all of it's beauty.  


Flocks of geese can be seen everywhere along the coast.  

The tower of Belle Isle

It was a perfect clear blue sky and I had fun playing with the setting sun.  

I love the flare you can get when playing in the sun!

Taking Flight


And here's my clicking buddy!  We had such a great time cruising around.  She hasn't had the opportunity to see much of Detroit yet and I was so glad to be able to show her some of the beauty we have here.  

1 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2009  

Great pictures! I see what you mean about shooting in raw. The first picture of the goose and the lamp post pics are my fave! Can't wait to see how much pictures came out from yesterday.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP